On this page you can find the grade 2 syllabus information, and links to the free and paid ABRSM Grade 2 Music Theory lessons/courses available on this site.
You will find a large number of free lessons on this website, or get the full ABRSM Grade 2 Music Theory course in your preferred format:
ABRSM Grade 2 Music Theory Lessons
- Ledger Lines
- Bass/Treble Clef Transposition
- Major Scales – ABRSM Grade 2
- Minor Scales Introduction
- Degrees of the Scale
- Key Signatures and Major Keys (ABRSM Grade 2)
- Key Signatures and Minor Keys
- Questions on Scales (ABRSM Grade 2)
- Time Signatures Grade 2
- Adding Bar Lines
- Working out the Time Signature
- Rewriting in a New Time Signature
- Adding Rests
- Tonic Triads – Major and Minor
- Intervals (ABRSM Grade 2)
- Musical Terms Grade 2 (ABRSM)
- Grade 2 Music Theory Test (ABRSM)
ABRSM Grade 2 Music Theory Video Course
- Video lessons covering the complete ABRSM grade 2 syllabus
- PDF download including full explanations, exercises, practice test and answers
- Support via email
- Instant access
- No expiry date on the course
Free Lessons on MyMusicTheory.com
Click on the menu to choose your exam board (ABRSM or Trinity), then your grade. Then click on the “expand” button to show the list of lessons for that board/grade.
ABRSM Syllabus (Grade 2)
Grade 2 As in Grade 1, with the addition of:
- Simple time signatures of and the grouping of notes and rests within these times. Triplets, and triplet note groups with rests.
- Extension of the stave to include two ledger lines below and above each stave.
- Relative major and minor keys. Construction of the minor scale (harmonic only). Scales and key signatures of the major keys of B b and E b, and the minor keys of A, E and D, with their tonic triads (root position), degrees (number only), and intervals above the tonic (by number only).
- More terms and signs in common use.
Read the ABRSM music theory syllabus here.